I love the conversations I have with clients. I love the questions they ask -- questions such as: “So, what are some good qualities of a job seeker?” If you had to create a job description for today’s job seeker, how would you write it? What would you include? Here are some thoughts – what do you think?
TITLE: Job Seeker
Position Type: Full Time, M-F -- frequent wknds.
Job ID/Tracking Code: URIT24-7
- High sense of urgency, focused, goal-driven professional who is unstoppable in exploring opportunities that meet/exceed expectations.
- Superior organizational skills in managing and juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Mastery of job search techniques and tactics.
- Prefer candidate who is coachable and willing to assimilate world-class career management strategy.
- Proven knowledge of the career transition process; ideal candidate will be a an open-minded transitioner who readily grasps the nuances of today’s business climate and culture.
- Verification of educational credentials including highest level of education attained to date, as well as certifications, designations, and licensure.
- Strong time management skills with a disciplined approach to executing day-to-day tasks.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and uncertainly and willingly embraces change to achieve rigorous goals.
- Problem-solver who can identify unmet needs and provide a myriad of solutions, all of which work equally well regardless of circumstance and objective.
- Intensely competitive and aggressive in pursuing new business in both saturated and untapped local, regional, national and/or global markets.
- Relationship builder who is undeterred by rejection, negativity, general rudeness or lack of professionalism.
- Possess steadfast ability to overcome obstacles and objections/concerns of the hiring manager/recruiter/decision-maker.
- Attentive listener who is inquisitive, curious and asks appropriate questions in a professional manner.
- Mindful, intentional and purposeful in interactions with all levels of personnel.
- Technically savvy / computer literate with multiple software applications.
- Cognizant of social media usage and application.
- Commitment to building and updating a compelling LinkedIn profile.
- Appreciation for brevity in written and verbal communications with emphasis on relevance and essence of the message.
- Knowledge of Twitter with an ability to create a tweet if asked to do so in a job interview.
- Solid negotiation skills in securing the highest price for the sale of multiple KSAs.
- Demonstrates proper levels of patience in waiting to hear something or anything from decision-makers regarding application and/or interview status.
- Demonstrates self-advocacy as needed.
- Must be willing to travel, sometimes with little notice, to demonstrate product features and benefits of value to diverse audiences.
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, competitive environment with minimal direction, minimal supervision and 100% positivity and hustle.
- Can articulate work experience, be it job loss, job hopping or other job-related transitions in a clear, concise and succinct manner in order to not compromise or jeopardize your candidacy.
- Must be persuasive in convincing listeners that your brand is the single best brand of choice – one worthy of a job offer.
- Professional in interactions and/or presentations: face-to-face, small group or large group presentations in a host of calm or chaotic environments.
- Skilled in creating and delivering PowerPoint presentations, as needed, to illustrate competencies in desired field of employment.
- Expresses thought(s) with humility and confidence: “I need your help.”
- Willingness to build a vibrant career transition team to move forward in your new beginning.
- Has a forgiving heart for the person(s) who terminated, downsized or fired you.
- Passion for learning and applying job search content as quickly as possible.
- Practices interview skills prior to attending a formal job interview, networking interview or informational interview.
- Can distill incoming information, integrating what makes sense and dismissing what doesn’t to expedite job search success.
- Proficient in letting go of thoughts/things holding you back or keeping you stuck.
- Ability to name that which keeps you awake at night and identify a coping mechanism to better manage it.
- Remains calm under pressure and appears comfortable in responding to behavioral types of questions and/or random questions such as “If you were a horse, what kind would you be and why” and/or “If a computer forensic expert investigated your laptop, what is the worst thing she will uncover?”
- Performs timely follow-up with employers and remains in contact throughout the duration of the interview cycle, inception to completion.
- Must be confident, collaborative and affable in conversations with boards, hiring managers, human resources, recruiters, owners, key decision makers, stakeholders, partners and all other levels of personnel, entry to executive level.
- Must be a quick, agile, analytical and decisive thinker in responding to a broad array of comments/questions from multiple individuals and sources.
- Establishes a brand/brand message to optimize brand awareness and open new doors of opportunity.
- Possesses an in-depth knowledge of today’s resume writing success strategy.
- Can readily grasp the concept of Applicant Tracking systems used in the hiring process.
- Remains in a constant state of preparedness and readiness to discuss your personal brand and value proposition to maximize opportunities and offers.
- Maintains job search equipment: mobile devices, landlines, computers, and tablets in pristine working condition. Will also employ the use of writing instruments, notepads, and personally branded business cards as needed.
- Must possess professional attire suitable for multiple interviews with the same organization.
- Will identify a work area in which to conduct job search activities, free of interruptions and distractions, to afford peak performance on a daily basis.
- Must avoid smoking / drinking alcoholic beverages before and during an interview.
- Well-versed and authentic in delivering a genuine response to FAQs such as “Tell Me About Yourself.”
- Will track and record information/data regarding leads, ideas and networking connections.
- Can work independently to achieve desired results and interact as a team member with networks, connections, and contacts.
- High tolerance for submitting applications with limited or no response/feedback unless otherwise indicated while preserving a positive demeanor.
- Self-directed, self-motivator with a clear sense of self and 100% commitment to the job search process.
- Skilled in planning, organizing and executing a state-of-the-art job search campaign to generate opportunities of interest.
- Strong work ethic in innovating, initiating and implementing a results-driven career management program which will add value to target organizations.
- Constantly reviews and monitors job search activities and accountabilities to identify areas for continuous improvement.
- Wildly passionate and energetic with limitless initiative; impeccable character; flawless integrity.
- Refrains from lying, cheating or embellishing credentials on paper and/or in person.
- Credible and competent in the eyes of competition, customers, clients, co-workers and citizens in your community.
- Proven record of giving, serving and helping others succeed during both upswings and downturns in the market place.
- Exhibits consistency and perseverance in performing job search tasks on a daily basis until acceptance of a formal job offer.
- Consistently conveys thanks, appreciation and gratitude to those who play a part in your job search journey to success.
Start Date: Immediate
Next Steps: UP2U2DeCiDe